Inkwali Fabrication and Maintenance (Pty) Ltd is a Pan African engineering services company specialising in steel pipe and plate fabrication, installations and as well as mechanical and electrical plants maintenance engineering services. We offer these services to the mining, power, manufacturing as well as petrochemical industries. The company began operations in 2005 and has since grown to offer services to blue chip companies listed on JSE as well as other foreign stock exchanges.

Inkwali has recently extended its services to other African Countries, including Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda. The basis of our value proposition is provision of engineering services that deliver projects of high quality, safely and timeously at competitive prices. Inkwali is a holder of international quality and occupational health and safety certifications that includes ISO 3834-2 (Comprehensive Quality Requirements for Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials both in Workshops and Customer Sites), ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System) and ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System).


Inkwali team is made up of registered professional Engineers, experienced Tradesmen which include Boilermakers, Coded Welders, Steam Boiler Technicians, Maintenance Fitters, Electricians, HVAC Technicians, Pipe Fitters, Handymen, as well as experienced administration support team.

The team is led by Themba Zungu, in his capacity as the Managing Director and founder of the company. Themba is an experienced Mechanical Engineer whose engineering career spans a variety of industries including, marine, manufacturing, mining and petrochemical industry. Other team members include registered Professional Engineers whose experience include forestry, power plants maintenance, design project engineering, etc.,

Some of our Engineers have gained valuable design engineering experience in power reticulation projects. Our team is well trained, safety and quality conscientious. Inkwali has an in-house Quality Assurance Manager who ensures that quality is maintained throughout our operations, including projects delivery.

We pride ourselves in the quality of our workmanship and always strive to improve engineering excellence in order to meet and exceed our client’s requirements.


Shareholders’ Profile

Inkwali Fabrication & Maintenance is 51% black female owned and the remaining 49% is owned by Themba Zungu who is the Managing Director and Founder. The current shareholders are:

  • Black female owned - 51%
  • Themba Zungu - 49%



ISO 3834-2 Certificate

Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015

Occupational Health and Safety Management System, ISO 45001:2018

Health, Safety & Environment Policy

Quality Policy

Quality Management System Manual

Occupational Health and Safety Construction Regulations

South Africa Institute of Tribology

CIDB Registration - PE 8ME; 6EP; 6SQ; 5GB